My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom

I'm a final year ecology student making jewellery and art in my spare time. I started this blog to keep track of my progress and meet other artists and crafters from around the world.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Vintage Beauty Swap

I received my beautiful parcel for the vintage beauty swap a few days ago, all the way from America from the lovely Kristin. Everything is gorgeous! It was all so beautifully wrapped (sorry- no pictures- camera wasn't co-operating the day I opened it!) and came with this lovely card.

The jewellery box is wonderful, the perfect place to keep all my little treasures, and it had these lovely gifts inside it as well! And the purse is really beautiful. The pictures don't really do it justice, it's covered in beads and sequins. The tiny bottle is an antiseptic talc with beautiful flowers on the label. Some of the words on it have rubbed off and what is left is so funny to read! It says "For infants and..........toilet. Invaluable...........chafing,.........irritations, sunburn etc...............antiseptic." I love it!


So thankyou very much Kristin! I hope you like your package when it arrives!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely things and though they are obviously old they are in such good condition.Loved your charity shop finds and thought your tale about the assistant complaining about the others very funny. Unfortunately it is very true I know a couple of OAP's who work in charity shops and it would seem that they can be a veritable hotbed of gossip & bitchiness. Such a shame.

8:29 pm  
Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

This is lovely, you are in my swap, thanks for participating!

5:03 pm  
Blogger kristin said...

hi Cat!! what a lovely post about our swap! you took such pretty pictures. :) your package arrived and I love everything!!! thank you sososo much! what wonderful treasures. i hope to post about it soon, once i can get some decent photos. cheers and again, thanks. xo

10:46 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters