My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom

I'm a final year ecology student making jewellery and art in my spare time. I started this blog to keep track of my progress and meet other artists and crafters from around the world.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Thrifty finds

I managed to find some time to go thrifting this weekend. Well, made time while Matt was staying and I didn't feel compelled to spend every minute in university! So I thought you might like to see what I found. Sorry for the bad light/flash.


I found these gorgeous cups in my favourite charity shop. It's on the corner of the main road into uni which makes it a bit dangerous as I have to walk past every day! The only remedy I've found is to make sure I only leave after 5 o'clock when I know it'll be shut! It's not a problem on the way in each morning as I'm usually late...

When I took them up to pay the woman said there should be two matching saucers but it turned out they'd been sold on their own earlier and she started saying rude things about the volunteers who work there. I assured her it was fine and I loved the cups anyway and she gave them to me half price because of the lack of saucers so it worked out fine!

The kids' sewing book as lovely, full of beautiful illustrations and photos. And since I'm a bit out of practice at sewing it's probably about my skill level!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Cat! I cant wait to look into the doorway of your beautiful blog! So much temptation there to 'not work and have fun surfing your blog'.... I dig the vintage book thing too. Thanks for entering the competition at Poppyseeds!

12:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters