My Photo
Name:
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom

I'm a final year ecology student making jewellery and art in my spare time. I started this blog to keep track of my progress and meet other artists and crafters from around the world.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

New charity shop find

On the way home from uni today I stopped in one of my favourite charity shops, there were only a few minutes left before it closed but I just wanted to look for some little stocking fillers for my family. Anyway, this interesting little fella caught my eye...

I was intrigued... I initially thought it looked like it would make a nice little altered journal which is why I first picked it up. I started flicking through the pages and found wonderful things like this:

And this:

And this:

I like all the pages far too much to do anything to them! The poems are all by Spike Milligan with illustrations by W. Heath Robinson. I haven't decided whether to give it to my dad for Christmas or to keep it for myself...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore Spike Milligan, he is a legend, he was a legend even before he died.

10:08 am  
Blogger Kathleen... said...

What a terrific find! Like you, I'd struggle as to whether I'd gift it, or keep it...

5:18 am  
Blogger Claire said...

I'd keep it, but I am a selfish brat and am currently struggling over which of my hair barrettes and pins to give to people because I really would rather keep them all. SO much for the season of giving, lol!

7:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Site Counter
Site Counters